It’s so simple, so easy and so appealing why hasn’t any government thought of this before?
It even has a cool, trendy acronym: WoTE! (World Travel Embargo).
So, how does it work, what are the benefits and why would it be so appealing to almost everyone?
A world travel ban – on almost everyone and everything – has so many upsides and so few downsides it is pure genius and even better, I thought of it first.
Here’s how it works. A virtual world travel ban would obviously have ‘pros and cons’, but there are far too many pros to even worry about the cons.
- Enormous reduction in Air, Sea & Land transportation.
- Huge cuts in carbon emissions that would satisfy the Green Lobby.
- A huge reduction in immigration relieving the stress on public and social services such as; the NHS, education, job vacancies, housebuilding, road transport congestion, school places, welfare claimants, pensions and many others.
- A boost for the unemployed, who would take up jobs without competition from low paid migrant workers.
- An increase in wages for UK nationals due to point 4.
- A reduction in crime.
- A reduction in terrorism.
- A reduction in people and drug trafficking.
- A reduction in our balance of trade deficit.
- Billions of pounds saved on overseas aid and charity spending.
- An initial loss of jobs in transport – aviation, export jobs, tourism etc. (Though much of this would be mitigated by internal increases)
- A reduction in economic activity. (Though much of this would be mitigated by internal increases)
- A reduction in export income.(Though much of this would be mitigated by internal increases)
- A reduction in the size of bureaucrats and civil services. (Actually a government saving.)
- That’s about it.
So, come on readers, what are your thoughts??